Big Blue Collective is proud to partner with Dave Kalama for his annual Kalama Kamp. This year marks the 7th installment of the weeklong Kalama Kamp Turks and Caicos beginning on October 7, and ending on October 14.
What Is Kalama Kamp?
Kalama Kamp is magical weeklong event that is led by Dave Kalama where you can become a better stand up paddleboarder in one of the best paddling locations in the world. The Turks and Caicos are a group of islands in the Caribbean that is surrounded by calm, crystal clear blue water. It’s an amazing experience any avid stand up paddleboarding enthusiast should sign up for.
This year’s Kalama Kampers will be hosted in Private Villa accommodations.
All prices are shown in USD. An additional 4.166% sales tax will added to your total.
- Single Occupancy (King Bed, private bathroom): $4950
- Double Occupancy (King Bed, private bathroom) with a single Kalama Kamp participant: $2200
- Double Occupancy (King Bed, private bathroom) with both people participating: $4700 per person
- On island resident rate / no accommodation (full course, 2 meals per day) $3000
- On island resident rate / no accommodation (half course, 1 meals per day) $1600
- Deposit : $500
- A selection of stand up paddleboards, paddles, hydration packs and leashes
- Boat support where needed (i.e.: on the waves/ reef, for down winders and “backcountry” safaris)
- Luxury Private Villa accommodations with pool
- All meals provided by our private local in-house chef (except two lunches and one fish fry dinner excursion)
- All local accommodation taxes included
- Airport transfers and land transport
What’s Not Included:
- Flights. Guests must make their own flight arrangements to Providenciales (PLS)
- Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks available at cost at Villa
- Gratuity for guides
Who is Dave Kalama?
Dave Kalama is a waterman, pure and simple. He is a watersport celebrity who has a following in big wave surfing, stand up paddleboarding, windsurfing, outrigger canoe racing, and more. He frequently partners with longtime friend and fellow big wave surfing pioneer, Laird Hamilton, to promote the watersports.
Kalama’s resume is densely packed with major accomplishments, including:
- Co-developing of the big wave surfing technique of tow-in surfing
- Promoting and mastering stand up paddleboarding, an ancient Hawaiian mode of water transportation and watersport
- Taking on increasingly longer solo paddle events between various Hawaiian islands
- Co-developing foil surfing
- Being awarded the Beacon Award at the Maui Film Festival for “helping to revive the surf film genre”
- Being featured in big wave riding films and photographs while riding the largest ocean waves in recorded history
- Appearing in the opening sequence of the James Bond film, Die Another Day
There Are Still Spots Remaining!
Don’t miss out on a stand up paddleboarding experience of a lifetime. With just a few spots remaining, you can still sign up for this year’s Kalama Kamp!
Email [email protected] to inquire for more information or visit www.kalamakamp.com to sign up!