Want a dream job on the water? Want to live on an island in the Turks & Caicos?
We are always looking out for talented guides to be part of our Big Blue team – Turks & Caicos Islands’ leading eco adventure company. Bright, passionate, active watermen and waterwomen with high regard for the marine environment who are open to learning and exploring.
Want a dream job on the water? Want to live on an island in the Turks & Caicos?
Candidates should apply via email to [email protected] and include a resume and cover letter with a brief description of why they believe they are a suitable candidate to work at Big Blue in the eco-tourism / watersports industry.
Current Job opportunities available:
Multi-Skilled General Maintenance Team Member.
Are you mechanically minded? Do you like working in and around boats and boat engines? Can you problem solve? Are you self-motivated? Do you like working in a team motivated to maintain the highest industry standards?
We are seeking either an individual with experience in maintenance and mechanics or someone who wants to learn a new skill set.
- Must have strong mechanical inclination / aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and detailed oriented. Can work under pressure.
- Able to work independently
- Have great organizational skills
- Able to multitask
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Strong communication skills
Duties to include:
- All areas of boat maintenance and servicing
- Perform preventative, predictive, and corrective maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Organize and prioritize projects or tasks by the level of importance
- Keep supervisor regularly apprised of status of assigned repair jobs
- Assist other areas of the operation when problems arise.
- Must 18 years or over
- Speak English
- Have a valid driver’s license
Bonus qualifications/ skill:
- Boat captain or good boat handling experience
- Dive master or OW Instructor
- Any mechanical certifications (eg Yamaha, Mercury, Yanmar etc)
Are you a people person? Are you a sales person? Big Blue Collective is seeking a highly self motived, energetic sales person that loves to work with people and enjoys customer service to work in a team environment.
Sales Rep Profile:
- Passion for tourism with an eco friendly drive and all the represent Big Blue Collective
- Love working with the public
- Self motivation
- Friendly professional, confident communication with excellent verbal and written skills mandatory.
- Outgoing, honest, energetic, positive spirit and enthusiasm
- Can stay focused and on track in a busy environment?
- Can you think on your feet?
- Love working in a team environment
- Strive to achieve
- Extreme attention to detail in all aspects
- Strong sense of pride in your work
- Strong organization skills
- Proficient at multi-tasking
- Be able to think on your feet in a quick changing environment
Duties for this position will include:
- Must love people. Be the first happy, energetic face greeting the guests as they arrive.
- Retail sales with growth to maintain inventory and ordering stock
- Answering phones, making sales and reservations, and exuding your energy as you help them plan their vacation.
- Greeting and signing in guests
- Taking payments, entering and balancing daily income
- Answering email inquiries with thoroughness, accuracy, detail and passion.
- Possibility to fill in as an eco guide including snorkeling, kayaking and paddleboarding if you have interest in this. Training provided.
- Troubleshooting and thinking ahead
This position requires the following qualifications:
- Good understanding of the tourism industry and a passion for protecting the environment
- Mature, self motivated, outgoing, honest and energetic
- Must be able to work long days, weekdays, weekends and holidays. Remain flexible.
- Must speak fluent English, any other languages and asset
- Attention to detail is key
- Excellent multi- tasking skills while staying focused.
- Minimum high school graduate with strength in math
- 3 years retail sales experience with desire to ensure sales are met, tracked and accurate.
- 3 years front desk/reception experience at a high level of efficiency, thinking outside the box, pride and passion for the job.
- Experience with Quickbooks POS and all Microsoft applications
- Experience and willingness in ordering, maintaining and stocking retail an asset
Turks and Caicos Islanders will be given preference. Successful applicant will be required to provide a clean police record.
Marine Biologist/Eco-Tour Guides
Seeking passionate individuals to join our eco team.
- Must love the ocean!
- Should be able to guide kayak, stand-up paddleboard (SUP) and snorkeling excursions
- Having an Open Water Scuba certification or more is a massive bonus.
Ideally have degree in Marine Biology or Marine Sciences – *not a prerequisite.
- Must speak good English, additional languages are an asset
- Genuine interest in the marine environment and a desire to teach, enjoy and protect it.
- An outgoing postitive personality for sales, guiding and education
- Must have a high regard for safety
- You need to be flexible and open minded
- Preference will be given to anyone holding a current STCW’95, boat captain license and current First Aid Certificate.
- Be living (or be willing to live) on Providenciales and be punctual, reliable and able to work long days, public holidays, and weekends.
- No criminal record and good character references
Tasks & Duties:
- Conduct and lead ecotours and adventures in kayaking, paddleboarding, snorkeling with a directive of marine ecology education and its protection
- Teach and guide scuba diving if qualified to do so, with a directive of marine ecology education and its protection.
- Conduct lectures and training in marine ecology at schools or other forums as required.
- Gain a local captain’s license
- Maintain and clean all equipment related to all watersport trips.
Scuba Diving Instructors
We are seeking passionate qualified Scuba Instructors to guide high end private dive charters and conduct PADI dive courses.
- Must love to dive, love to guide and love to teach!
- Qualified OWSI or MSDT with min 3+ years of experience teaching and guiding with high end clientele.
- Experience conducting snorkel tours, guiding kayak and paddleboard tours are a bonus
- Experience maintaining dive equipment is super useful
- Ensure in current teaching status with current First Aid qualifications.
- A background in marine biology and previous experience in eco watersports is an asset
- Must be flexible to work in variable weather conditions (winter v summer) as well as changing duties
- Must be safety focused while delivering a fun, high end user experience.
- Guide and teach diving per the PADI safety standards.
- Ensure proper maintenance and cleaning of all dive equipment and boats as required
- Prep trips
- Be able to guide snorkeling, kayaking and paddleboarding trips.
- Work towards gaining a local captains license.
- Be living (or be willing to live) on Providenciales.
- Must be punctual, reliable and able to work long days, public holidays, and weekends.
- The work schedule is varied and can provide up to a 6-day work per week.
We are looking for professional IKO kite instructors who love to teach and share the stoke of kiteboarding!
- You absolutely must love to teach! Teaching first, riding second. In that order.
- Must be a qualified IKO Kite Instructor with min 2+ years teaching experience.
- Experience in kayaking, paddleboarding, SCUBA diving and snorkeling are all excellent additions
- Experience in boat handling or holding a captain’s license is also a bonus but not a requirement
- Must be willing to work long days in the sun.
- Teach kite lessons of all levels
- Maintain, look after and repair kite equipment
- Run jetski support
- Work as beach support as safety backup with the ability to book lessons/ make sales.
- Transport all equipment needed to teaching location
- Guide downwinders
- Ensure kite truck and trailer are clean and well maintained.
- Other duties include assisting with sales and guiding other ecotours we offer.
We are looking for a passionate leader with solid experience in the watersports industry to manage daily scuba diving, snorkel, paddle and watersports operations.
- You must love a challenge. Be able to think out of the box. Have a solid ocean background with a serious passion and commitment to the environment and service excellence.
- 5-10+ years experience is essential in operations of watersports and management of a minimum of 20 staff.
- Should hold a current scuba diving instructor and captains qualification. Kiting experience and asset.
- Must be willing to work long days, weekends and holidays. 5-6 day work week.
- Good understanding of Quickbooks Accounting and POS
- Some experience with retail ordering and stocking management. Not a prerequisite.
- Excellent level of attention to detail while seeing the big picture.
- Top level customer service
- Computer software experience with all Microsoft office products.
- Ensuring all tours, charters and courses are executed in a timely manner
- Monitor and manage reservations
- Schedule tours and staff
- Ensure dive operations are conducted to the highest safety standards and be able to assist with dive inquiries and courses when required.
- Oversea a strict maintenance schedule for all dive, paddle and boat equipment.
- Oversea retail, ordering and stock. Not a prerequisite
- Complete reservations for tours