THE CDC HAS DOWNGRADED TURKS AND CAICOS TO LEVEL 1.
IT’S TIME TO COME ON DOWN….
*TCI SAFE IS LIVE* (updated 18th August)
REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLER TO ENTER TURKS & CAICOS ISLANDS*
- Proof of Covid 19 negative test, from place of origin, five (5) days before travel / arrival. Children 10 years and under are exempt.
- Travel insurance will be required for entry – specifically that covers medical treatment and cost for quarantine and where possible repatriation or medivac is needed.
- There will be a travel health form/ questionnaire that visitors will need to complete before arriving.
- All the above must be uploaded to the TCI Assured Authorisation Portal. Visit website for more info. (www.tcisafe.com)
- Once uploaded, documents will be verified and a TCI Assured sticker will be issued to the traveler.
- Once on island and cleared there will be no quarantine for guests.
* We will announce the new and more detailed updates as and when released by our Government. Please check with your airlines and accommodation providers as well.
OUR IN HOUSE COVID-19 VIRUS SANITATION MEASURES
UPDATED 24th June 2020
In conjunction with the TCIG Covid-19 guidelines, Big Blue Collective has been approved by the Environmental Health Department for having adopted the following safety and sanitation measures to minimize the risk of contamination and the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus.
MINIMIZE CONTACT & GENERAL PROTOCOL
- No handshaking or hugging between guests and staff.
- Clearly marked entrance and exits are designed to maintain social distancing on the shop floor.
- All staff and guests are asked to stop and use the sanitizer station placed at the entrances and at the reception countertop
- The registration area is located separately from the reception desk and the iPads are wiped clean with sanitizer between each use. Pre-arrival registration is facilitated as much as possible.
- A plexiglass barrier is in place at the reception desk for guest and staff protection.
- The use of face masks is recommended in all indoor areas at Big Blue.
- Face masks are mandatory when using our complimentary transport service.
- Staff and guests who are not feeling well are asked not to enter the Big Blue vehicles, visit the Leeward premises, or participate in any Big Blue activities.
- Staff health and temperature is monitored regularly.
CLEANING & SANITATION
- A high level of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained from the beginning to the end of the guests’ transfer and watersports experience.
- Eco-Works All Purpose Sanitiser is used to keep all surfaces disinfected including vehicles, shop countertops and doorways, bathrooms, kitchens, vessels, paddles, watercraft, snorkel and diving gear and other watersports equipment in use. Deep cleaning processes are adhered to daily.
- Extra vigilance is taken to sanitized, before and after use, all water sports equipment that by design comes into contact with the mouth and face including:
- Mask & snorkels
- Dive regulators
- BCD inflators
N.B. Guests are encouraged to bring their own snorkel and dive equipment if they have it. There is also a variety of Masks and Snorkels available for purchase at Big Blue.
- Combine water and sanitizer into a clean bucket.
- Soak equipment on board until required for use for no less than 20 minutes.
- Rinse with fresh water before distributing to user.
- Provide additional diluted sanitizer spray bottles on hand for guests if requested, which is also used to keep vessel surfaces clean and disinfected during excursion.
- Provide mouthwash (Listerine) to use on snorkel and regulator mouthpieces after sanitation for extra oral hygiene and taste.
- To prevent bringing unnecessary mucus onboard when removing masks and snorkels, guests will be briefed in advance to remove these items in the water so that they can rinse this gear and their faces in the ocean before boarding. This may not be appropriate in all sea states, in this case its safer that guests keep their masks in place until back onboard.
According to the Divers Alert Network (DAN) it is not fully known how anyone who contracted COVID-19, unknowingly carrying, or recovered, will be affected due to the lung and respiratory results that are associated with COVID-19. Therefore, it is mandatory for anyone who has contracted Covid-19, or have suspected that they contracted Covid-19, to be examined by and receive clearance from a physician prior to scuba diving.
FOOD PREP AND SERVICE
- All surfaces in the Big Blue kitchen are sanitized with food grade sanitizer thoroughly before and after food preparation.
- The kitchen is deep cleaned regularly.
- All dishes and crockery are thoroughly cleaned with hot water and soap after use.
- Food will be plated and served to each guest with their own set of utensils.Staff will be adhering to strict food safety and handling per health regulations and standards. Disposable gloves and tongs for serving will be used while also keeping all plates, cups and utensils safely stowed to ensure no contamination.
- In meeting with TCIG regulations, buffet style service is not provided on public group trips.
- When refilling cups or water bottles from a cooler, staff and guests are instructed to make sure that the surfaces do not touch each other i.e. ensure space between your cup/bottle and the spout.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL REGARDING BOOKINGS OR CURRENT C19 STATUS USE OUR LIVE CHAT FOR DIRECT MESSAGING.